Vijay Shekhar Sharma is a billionaire. He is the initiator of Paytm, a legend of the start-up network. Vijay Shekhar Sharma is the originator, chairman, and managing director of One97 Communications, which originated in 1997, and its customer brand Paytm which he began in 2010. Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma was reappointed as the chief managerial officer and managing director in August 2022.
And he has not looked back since. Looking at Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s accomplishments and enormous net worth, it is almost hard to believe that he came from a simple and modest upbringing and made a place for himself with utter hard work. Below, you can check Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s Net Worth: Paytm Stake, Salary, Education, and Family [Short Bio].
Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s Net Worth
|Name||Vijay Shekhar Sharma|
|Date of Birth||7 June 1978|
|Birthplace||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh|
|Father’s name||Mr. Sulom Prakash|
|Mother’s name||Asha Sharma|
|Education||Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering|
|Wife Name||Mridula Parashar|
|Net Worth||More than 110 crores|
|House Address||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh|
Early Life and Education of Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Vijay Shekhar Sharma originates one of the most fruitful fintech titans, Paytm. He was born on 7th June 1978 in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh. His father is Sulom Prakash. He was a schoolteacher. Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s mother was Asha Sharma. She was a homemaker. Vijay Shekhar was a brilliant student. Vijay Shekhar Sharma did his schooling in Harduaganj, a small town near Aligarh. He finished his education when he was just 14 years old. Later, Vijay Shekhar Sharma did his engineering at Delhi College of Engineering, currently recognized as Delhi Technological University (DTU).
Personal Life of Vijay Shekhar Sharma:
Vijay Shekhar Sharma is married to Mridula Parashar Sharma. The couple together have a son named Vivaan Sharma. Mridula Parashar is presently allied with 3 Companies as a director termed VSS Holdings Private Limited, VSS Investco Private Limited, and One97 Enterprise Mobile Solutions Private Limited, the parent corporation of Paytm.
Career Journey of Vijay Sharma
When Vijay Shekhar Sharma was in college, he formed the internet site Indiasite.net. After two years, he sold it for $1 million. Vijay Shekhar Sharma developed One97 Communication in 2000. One97 comprises numerous contents like exam results, news, cricket scores, jokes, etc. He eventually ran out of money, but that did not discourage him, and he decided to get a job to keep himself and his firm inundated.
With this, Vijay Shekhar Sharma could make Rs. 10,000 each month. In 2010, he again launched a new corporation, Paytm, one of the most influential corporations in the market. Paytm makes 25 million transactions daily by 400 users. In 2018, Warren Buffet’s corporation financed $300 million in Paytm.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma: Paytm Stake
According to a supervisory filing, Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma will purchase a 10.3% stake from an associate of China’s Ant Group Co.Vijay Shekhar Sharma, the CEO of Paytm parent One97 Communications will increase its holding to 19.4%.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma Net Worth 2023
The story of Vijay Shekhar Sharma is no less than a vision, from making Rs. 10k per month to forming a billion-dollar corporation. Today, Vijay Shekhar Sharma is a billionaire with a net value of $ 1 billion (Rs. 8,200 crores). Vijay Shekhar Sharma is the Managing Director and CEO of One97 Communications.
He also has shares in some of the chief firms. Vijay Shekhar Sharma owns numerous properties across the nation and has a luxurious car collection. Apart from that, Vijay Shekhar Sharma has financed innumerable start-ups.
|Net Worth||$ 1 billion|
|Net Worth in Rupees||8,200 crores|
|Income||Rs 4 crore annually (Paytm)|
Vijay Shekhar Sharma Family
|Father’s name||Sulom Prakash|
|Mother’s name||Asha Sharma|
|Spouse Name||Mridula Parashar|
|Child Name||Vivaan Sharma|
Vijay Shekhar Sharma Education
|Education||Delhi Technological University (1994–1998)|
|Studied From||Delhi University, B.Tech|
Vijay Shekhar Sharma House Address
|Address||Ultra-exclusive Lutyens Bungalow Zone (LBZ) at Golf Links in central Delhi|
Controversy of Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Vijay Shekhar Sharma was temporarily imprisoned under IPC Section 279 by Delhi Police in February 2022 after his car bumped into DCP’s car. An FIR was filed against Vijay Shekhar Sharma in link with the rash driving. It was said that a Jaguar Land Rover was apparently driven by Vijay Shekhar Sharma.
And had hit the car of DCP (South district) Benita Mary Jaikerat Aurobindo Marg on 22nd February. Constable Dipak Kumar, who was posted as a driver with DCP, complained and demanded that he recognize the driver. Later Vijay Shekhar Sharma gave his clearance in the case.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma: Awards & Achievements
- The Economic Times awarded Vijay Shekhar Sharma the Best ET Entrepreneur of the Year in 2016.
- the Government Of Uttar Pradesh bestowed Vijay Shekhar Sharma with Yash Bharti, the highest civilian award in 2016.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma was the youngest billionaire in 2017, with a net worth of $1.3 billion. According to Forbes, he was ranked #1567 on The World Billionaire list.
- He was the CEO of the year at the SABRE Award in 2015.
- In 2016, Vijay Shekhar Sharma was given by the GQ Men of the Year, which was named the Businessman of the Year.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma was the Dataquest IT Man of the Year in 2017.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma was bestowed the NDTV Indian of the Year and the Impact Person Award of the Year in 2016.
Some Facts about Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma belongs to a middle-class family and took lessons from Hindi medium and faced many problems while doing his engineering at DU.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma began his first startup when he was doing his schooling.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma received the Yash Bharti Award in 2016 from the UP Government.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma possesses Paytm, One97, Paytm Bank, Paytm Mall, and many others.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the stake worth of Vijay Shekhar Sharma in Paytm?
Ans. Vijay Shekhar Sharma holds 57.67 million shares in Paytm.
2. Which award did Vijay Shekhar Sharma get from the Government of Uttar Pradesh?
Ans. Vijay Shekhar Sharma was bestowed by Yash Bharti, the Highest civilian award, in 2016.
3. When Vijay Shekhar Sharma became a billionaire?
Ans. In 2017, Vijay Shekhar Sharma was termed the youngest billionaire in India. His net value was calculated at $1.3 billion then.