Kerala Govt is now starting the Snehapoorvam Scholarship scheme for the academic year of 2020-21 for the students of Kerala who have lost their father/mother or both. This scholarship will be granted to orphans and vulnerable children of the state to complete their education. This scheme will help to overcome the incidences of children dropping out of school due to the death of their parents or guardians. About 75,000 children in Kerala who are under the age of 18 are residing in orphanages and almost 1,500 shelters are running in Kerala this scheme aims at helping these children.
Snehapoorvam Scholarship Application Form PDF
Under this scheme, the government will grant monthly scholarships (Rs 300 to Rs 1,000) to orphans students of the state. The purpose of this scholarship is to identify orphan children in families and to satisfy their needs, promote their basic education, give social security to unprotected groups, and help these orphaned kids by providing financial assistance for education.
Overview of Snehapoorvam Scholarship Scheme 2024
|Name of Scheme||Snehapoorvam Scholarship Malayalam|
|Launched By||Social Security Mission (SSM) Dept, Govt of Kerala|
|Objective||To provide financial aid and social protection (Scholarships)|
|Beneficiary||Orphan students of the state|
|Starting of the application process||June|
|Last date to apply online||October|
|Extended last date||December|
|Category||State Govt Education Scheme|
Kerala Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2024
As we told you above the Snehapoorvam Scholarship is only available for orphan children who are residing in the Kerala state of India. Many different benefits and incentives will also be provided to the orphans through the implementation of this orphan scholarship 2024 (സ്നേഹപൂർവം സ്കോളർഷിപ്പ് അപേക്ഷാ ഫോം).
These orphans will be able to continue their education without any worry of financial burden or without ever being a financial burden on the family who is undertaking other expenses related to them. Here you download the Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2020 application form pdf in the Malayalam language. For more details of സ്നേഹപൂർവം സ്കോളർഷിപ്പ് അപേക്ഷാ ഫോം, continue reading ahead.
Benefits of the Snehapoorvam Scholarship Scheme
Financial assistance provided under this scheme:
- For children below the age of 5 years and class I to V amount granted: Is rs 300 per month.
- Students of class VI to class X amount granted: Rs 500 per month.
- The students of class XI and class XII amount granted: Rs 750 per month.
- For degree courses / professional degree amount granted: Is rs 1,000 per month.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for the scholarship
- Children whose father/mother or both parents are dead.
- Students from the first standard to degree classes.
- Children below 5 years.
- Children belonging to the BPL category.
- For children belonging to the APL category, annual income in rural areas (Local body/Gram Panchayat) must be below Rs 20,000, and in urban areas (Corporation/Municipality) below Rs 22,375.
Snehapoorvam Scholarship Amount
|For Class Ist to V||Rs 300 per month|
|For Class VI to X||Rs 500 per month|
|For Class XI to XII||Rs 750 per month|
|For degree or Professional courses||Rs 1000 per month|
Documents Required for Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2024
- Passport-size photographs.
- Aadhaar Card of the child.
- An attested copy of the Death Certificate of one or both parents
- Income proof
- BPL Ration Card if you fall in the Below Poverty Line category.
- Admission proof
- Proof of age or Birth Certificate
- Bank Passbook, which should be of a joint account in the name of their guardian
- Photocopy of applicant’s Aadhaar, or latest proof of Aadhaar registration.
Snehapoorvam Scholarship Scheme 2024 Application Form PDF
- You have to visit the head office of Government or Govt-aided Educational Institutions where application forms shall be made available in the specified tenure. Or download the application form in PDF format through the below link.
- Then fill it up and attach all the necessary documents along with the form.
- The officials will verify the application form.
- Post verification, the application form shall be converted into PDF form and submitted through the online portal to the executive director of the Kerala Social Security Mission (SSM).
- Applications can also be forwarded via respective welfare centers.
Note – After submission, your application form will be checked for the eligibility criteria by the concerned official. If you are found eligible for the scholarship then the financial fund will be submitted to your bank account.
Apply Online for Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2024
It is obvious that children below 5 years of age cannot apply for the Snehapoorvam scholarship application online. Of course, this process will be processed through the help of their guardian or the representative Child Welfare Committee (CWC). So, we have provided you with the form you need to fill out for your child.
- Visit the official website i.e. http://socialsecuritymission.gov.in/.
- Now click on the “KSSM Web Application Form” option on the web page.
- You will see a new web page for the Login details.
- Click on the ‘Beneficiary / Institution Login’ button.
- After this, click on ‘New Institution Register’ and enter all the required details.
- Now you will see a new page, here enter the User ID and Password.
- Then the ‘Update Profile – Change Password’ page will open and complete the required authentication.
- Now, the process of beneficiary registration will begin. You have to fill in all the required details.
- After successful online registration, you can log in to the portal for Renewal, and Transfer of Snehapoorvam scholarships.
Selection Procedure of Snehapoorvam Scholarship Scheme
After you have successfully registered yourself for the scholarship scheme you need to undertake the following procedure in order to get selected for the benefits of the scholarship.
- You have to submit your application form to the concerned government or private institution in which you are taking your classes.
- Your application form will be checked for the eligibility criteria by the concerned official which has been appointed by the government.
- The head office will submit the Application Form PDF through the online portal to the Executive Director, of Kerala Social Security Mission.
- If you are found eligible for the scholarship then the financial fund will be submitted to your bank account via DBT mode.
Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2024 Renewal Process
If you have already applied for the Snehapoorvam Malayalam Scheme then you don’t need to fill again the Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2024 application form again. For Renewal of Existing Applications 2024-2024 of Snehapoorvam Application, kindly follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of the E-Suraksha Portal i.e. http://kssm.ikm.in/
- Before filling out the Application form request, you to go through the Snehapoorvam Guidelines for Eligibility Criteria. Ineligible forms will be REJECTED.
- Then click the button named ‘SCHOOLS/COLLEGE LOGIN’ on the website.
- Enter the User Name and Password (already registered Institutions) then click the button named If Forgot please try the “Forgot Username & Password” option.
- Select the link named ‘Services’ and then click the “Renewal” tab.
- Now enter the student’s name, admission number, etc., and then click the ‘Search’ button.
- Here select the link named ‘Select’ under the label named ‘Renewal’ for each student.
- Finally, click the button named ‘RENEW NOW’ for editing/modifying the Application.
- Fill in Mandatory fields (*) then click the button named ‘Save’. Kindly make sure that the data entered is correct before clicking the Save button. Once submitted the data cannot be EDITED.
- The Application will be approved only after receiving this Printout copy with the School/College seal and signature to the below address,
- Kerala Social Security Mission,
- Trivandrum – 695012
- For any doubts, please drop an email to [email protected]
Snehapoorvam Scholarship Contact Number & Address
- Helpline Number: 1800-120-1001 (Toll-free)
- Phone Number: (0471) 2341-200, 75938-02032
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Address: Kerala Social Security Mission 2nd Floor, Civil Station, Kozhikode Kerala 673020
Note – The date for Snehapoorvam applications for the year 2020-21 has been extended till December 15th, 2020. For any further details, kindly visit the official website of e-Suraksha Portal, Kerala.