Welcome to the new post with the new interesting information. We have seen many cyber crimes around us where people lose money. There are many types of cyber crime has have taken place and you should know how to file a complaint against it. If you are a responsible citizen then you should how to deal with this situation. The purpose of this article is aware you of Cyber Crime and how you can file a Complaint Online. Read this article to get complete information about How to register online complaints for Cyber Crime.
Cyber Crime Complaint Register Online
The brief definition of Crime is, to use any kind of network or device(computer|Phone) for the purpose of doing unlawful activity. This is committed a cybercrime. Normally we visit police stations when we are the victim but in cyber crime, you have to visit the official website of Cyber Crime. In the general term, we call it online fraud. Hacking someone’s computer also counts as a cybercrime. There are many hackers around the world who hacks laptop or computer and use them for cyber terrorism, pornography, and Intellectual property Rights Violation come under https://cybercrime.gov.in/.
The online crime rate has been increased rapidly and we have to be aware of these kinds of crime. Nowadays everyone uses smartphones and online services. Most companies provide online service to their customer but scammers also use it for fraud. If someone commits this crime then you can file a complaint against scammers. Follow this article so that you can know the correct process for filing a complaint.
Procedure to File Cyber Crime Complaint
Now we will see how we can fill cyber crime complaints. The following points are:-
- In the first place, you can file a complaint related to women/children, and the second when you are the victim of fraud, financial scams, Security, and computer network-based.
- So, Visit “Report Anonymously” for women/child related.
- For other cybercrime, visit “File Complaint“
- A new form will open before you.
- Here, you have to fill in all the details such as Approximate Date and time of incident/Receiving/Viewing Content, State / UTs, District, Police Station, place of incident, additional information, etc.
- Then, select the category of complaint.
- Now enter the suspect’s details.
- In the next step, provide supportive documents such as email. massages, website details, phone number, and click on the submit button.
- You will get the link to track your application.
Track Application @www.cybercrime.gov.in
If you want to track your application then you can track it with simple steps. The following steps are;
- In the first place, you have to visit the official website of cybercrime.
- Then, you have to complete the login process.
- Select the state from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the username or complaint name.
- Enter the mobile number that you have given during the complaint process.
- Click on the OTP button.
- Now enter the OTP and check your complaint status.
Steps to Login on Cyber Crime Portal @cybercrime.gov.in
Without login on the cybercrime website, you can not file any kind of complaint. So first, you have to complete the login process. The following points are:-
- First, you have to visit the official website of @cybercrime.gov.in.
- A home page will appear in front of you.
- Then, you have to click on the login page.
- A new tab will open. Here, you have to provide some information such as name, mobile number, and email address.
- Then, click on OTP and enter the OTP.
- Now you will log in on the site.
Types of Cybercrime
- CHILD PORNOGRAPHY/ CHILD SEXUALLY ABUSIVE MATERIAL(CSAM)
- CYBER GROOMING
- ONLINE FINANCIAL FRAUD
- ONLINE JOB AND MATRIMONIAL FRAUD
- ONLINE SEXTORTION
- SIM SWAP SCAM
- UNLAWFUL CONTENT
- DEBIT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD
- IMPERSONATION AND IDENTITY THEFT
- VIRUS, WORMS & TROJANS
- DATA BREACH
- DENIAL OF SERVICES/ DISTRIBUTED DOS
- WEBSITE DEFACEMENT
- ONLINE DRUG TRAFFICKING
Cyber Crime Helpline Number
|Cybercrime Complaint Numbers||1930|
|National Police Helpline Number||100|
|National Women Helpline Number||181
|National Emergency Helpline Number||112|
Important Registration Links
|Report Online Cybercrime Related to Women/Child||⇒ Report Anonymously
⇒ Report & Track
|Report Online Other Cybercrimes||⇒ File Complaint|
|Track Your Complaint Status||⇒ Track Status|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 Can I report cyber crime online in India?
- Visit the official portal of Cybercrime National and file a complaint with entire documents.
Q.2 Can a cyber cell track WhatsApp messages?
- Yes, Law enforcement agencies are able to get your data back and access it. This agency can also recover deleted messages. In India, Low Enforcement Agencies are working properly to control cyber crime and solve the case.
Q.3 How many days do cybercrime investigations take?
- It depends on crime and investigation. If there is a simple case then it can be resolved soon but the complex case takes time to be resolved. It may take months and even years to solve.