Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa Bio, Age, IQ, Ranking, Grandmaster Number:- R. Praggnanandhaa the Latest chess sensation in the world chess was born in Tamil Nadu in 2005. He first came to the fame with title of International Masters of Chess at the age of 10 years. He was the youngest at that time for the title of International Master.
Here in this post, we are going to discuss Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa’s Biography. The blog post will include the untouched aspects of his personal life and chess career. As we know chess players are judged by their IQ also so, we are going to discuss Pragg’s IQ and more about the latest chess sensation of the world. He is currently competing in the semi-finals of the Chess World Cup 2023.
Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa Biography
Let us tell you that Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa was born to a middle-class family in Chennai, Tamil Nadu State of India. His father works as a branch manager with Tamilnadu State Corporation Bank as a branch manager. His family was related to chess before Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa started playing chess. The elder sibling R Vaishali is a women’s Grandmaster and International Master and his Mother is a housemaker. He has done his schooling in Chennai and now pursuing his graduation from Velammal Main Campus, Chennai.
His Chess Career is full of the International Chess Titles he won at a young age. First, earned his Fide Master Title after winning the World Youth Champions Trophy in 2013. He was 8 years old at that time. The journey of his career never looked back and he again won the Under-10 Title in 2015.
The list of chess titles and championships started being robust day by day. Currently, he is leading the Indian team at the World Chess Championship 2023. As of now, he has crossed his journey in the championship till the semifinal. He was titled Grandmaster at the age of 12 years by the International Chess Society. The was the second youngest chess player at the age of 12 years, 10 months, and 13 days. His greatest achievement is defeating world chess champion Magnus Karlson in the Airthings Masters Rapid Chess Tournament 2022.
R. Praggnanandhaa Age, IQ, Ranking, Grandmaster Number – Overview
|Blog Post||Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa Bio|
|Complete Name||Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa|
|Date of Birth||10 August 2005|
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Mother Name/ Occupation||Nagalakshmi/ Housemaker|
|Father Name/ Occupation||Rameshbabu/ Banker|
|Sibling||Elder Sodter- Vaishali Rameshbabu|
|First Chess Title||Fide Master- 2012|
|Current Chess Title||Grandmaster- 2018|
Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa Chess Career
- His International Chess career started in 2013. He competed and won the Under-8 World Youth Chess Championship. He earned his Fide Master title with this win.
- Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa again won the Under 10 World Youth Chess Championship in 2013.
- He became the youngest Internationa Master title at the age of 10 Years, 10 months, and 19 days.
- Finishing in 4th position with 8 points in the World Junior Chess Championship, he achieved his first Grandmaster title in 2017
- He again achieved the same norm a second time in the Heraklion Fischer Memorial GM norm tournament in Greece in 2018.
- His third and final Grandmaster norm by defeating Luca Moroni in the Gredine Open in Urtijëi, Italy.
- He became the second youngest chess player to achieve the grand master norm at the age of 12 years, 10 months, and 13 days.
- Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa is ranked as 5th youngest Grandmaster ever after Abhimanyu Mishra, Sergey Karjakin, Gukesh D, and Javokhir Sindarov.
- Between 2018 and 2021 he competed in various world chess championships including de León Masters in Spain, the Xtracon Chess Open in Denmark, the Julius Baer Challengers Chess Tour, & Chess World Cup 2021
- In the year 2022, Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa became the third Indian after Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand and Pentala Harikrishna to defeat the world chess champion, Magnus Carlson
- He defeated the World Chess Champion Magnus Karlson with 15+10 time control in the online Airthings Masters rapid tournament of the Champions Chess Tour 2022.
- Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa Became the second India to enter the final of the Chess World Cup 2023 after Viswanathan Anand. He is going to play against the Former World Chess Champion Magnus Karlson.
Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa- Age, IQ, Ranking & Grandmaster Number
The world has its eye on the 18-year-old Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa as he is going to play in the final of the Chess World Cup 2023. All the Indians started imagining him as the second Chess World Champion after Viswanathan Anand. We all wish him our best for the final match against Magnus Karlson.
|Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa Age||18 Years, 12 Days as of 22 August 2023|
|Rameshbabu praggnanandhaa’s IQ level||NA|
|Praggnanandhaa Current Ranking||29|
|Rameshbabu praggnanandhaa’s Highest Ranking||29|
|Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa Grandmaster Number||5th|