If you are looking for an animal park or zoo for your adventure, then you are on the right page. Below we have mentioned complete details about Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park 2024. The Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park includes a zoo, a lake, and a snake park accordingly. It also features a wildlife research facility that doubles as an animal shelter, rescue center, and care facility. Therefore, you can visit one of these institutions to see how the animals are treated in a secure setting.
Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park [Katraj Zoo]
In particular, the 130-acre Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park comprises a zoo area, a snake park, and an animal orphanage. For the most part, it will take you about 3 to 4 hours to explore this area. Added to this zoo park is Katraj Lake. Particularly, Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park, also known as Katraj Snake Park, is a popular zoo in India. It lies at Katraj, a few distance from Pune. It is hence a favorite with both locals and tourists who come to Pune.
There are some kinds of animals like elephants, black bucks, and leopards which you might see in Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park & Wildlife Research Centre. In addition, you can see several snake species and other creatures at the snake park. In this park, there is a small library from where we can get information about snakes. However, the zoo offers tour guides to help their valuable visitors. Moreover, several activities support animal welfare and environmental activities. For this reason, adventurous people like this place.
Key Highlights – Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park Information
|Park Name||Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park (Katraj Zoo)|
|Governing Body||Municipal Corporation of Pune|
|Location||Katraj, Pune, Maharashtra|
|Covered Area||7 Acers|
|Ticket Booking Process||Offline- Spot Booking|
|Katraj Zoo’s official website||https://www.pmc.gov.in/|
Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park Online Ticket Booking 2024
In the first place. The online facility is available on the official website. The zoological park administration is continuously engaged in the process of whole software development to avail the online booking facility for the visitors. Please follow the steps listed below to book a ticket for the Katraj Zoo.
- To purchase tickets, click on the official website. (https://www.pmc.gov.in/en/zoo)
- At the same time, the official website’s home page will appear once you click the link. Please select ticket purchasing.
- Afterward, enter the number of tickets needed, the visit date, and your mobile number.
- In the meantime, take a printout of your ticket after making the payment on the following payment page.
- Finally, please make sure to have the ticket with you when entering the zoo.
Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park Ticket Price 2024
|Day||Opening Hours||closing Hours||Entry fee for adults||Entry fee for children(Under 4 years)||Entry fee for foreigners|
|Monday||9.30 AM||5.00 PM||Rs. 40||Rs. 10||Rs. 100|
|Tuesday||9.30 AM||5.00 PM||Rs. 40||Rs. 10||Rs. 100|
|Wednesday||9.30 AM||5.00 PM||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Thursday||9.30 AM||5.00 PM||Rs. 40||Rs. 10||Rs. 100|
|Fryday||9.30 AM||5.00 PM||Rs. 40||Rs. 10||Rs. 100|
|Saturday||9.30 AM||5.00 PM||Rs. 40||Rs. 10||Rs. 100|
|Sunday||9.30 AM||5.00 PM||Rs. 40||Rs. 10||Rs. 100|
Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park Pune Other Charges:
- 50 for Still Camera Charges
- 200 for Video Camera Charges
- Free for Handicapped and Blind (upon showing proof ID)
Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park Pune Timings
|1||Monday||9:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|2||Tuesday||9:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|3||Wednesday||Closed / Holiday|
|4||Thursday||9:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|5||Friday||9:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|6||Saturday||9:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|7||Sunday||9:30 am – 5:00 pm|
Important Note: Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park Pune is Closed on Wednesday.
Activities Available at Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park, Pune
- Observing animals in their natural habitats: In summary, the Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park is home to over 300 animals that coexist in a balanced ecology. Those animal species include sambhars, crocodiles, and leopards accordingly. Along with the White Tiger and Bengal Tiger, the zoo also houses giant squirrels, foxes, and wild dogs. A wide range of birds, including eagles, vultures, and peacocks, are also present.
- Gaining knowledge of snakes: Particularly, this zoo is well-known for its extensive amount of snakes and reptiles collection. It has many dangerous species like vipers, pythons, king cobra, and many more accordingly
- Riding in an electric car to get around: The region around the Pune Zoo is best explored on foot. A guide is another option for learning about the local wildlife. However, battery-operate cars are available in this zoo area for individuals who find walking difficult.
- Participating in educational activities: Particularly, the Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park has a behavioral study and research center where they usually research animal care. In addition, it offers various kinds of workshops and awareness programs, campaigns, and many more to teach people.
Important Guidelines for Zoological Park
- Students who visit during school trips are admitted for 10 dollars. Additionally, those who can prove they are blind or disabled can enter for free.
- Then, if you bring a camera, you must pay 50 cents for photography and 200 cents for videography.
- Battery-operated vehicles cost 40 cents for adults and 25 cents for children.
- A guide (available for groups) can be hired for 50 rupees to learn about all the sights to see in Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park.
- Look after your possessions.
- Put on some relaxed shoes.
- Take a cap and some sunglasses.
- Bring a bottle of water and some snacks.
- Follow the visitor-designated walkway only.
- Always keep a watch on your children.
- Plastic usage is forbidden.
- Pets are not permitted inside.
- Smoking and drinking are prohibited.
- The zoo is a smoke-free zone.
- Animals should not be fed.
- Never engage in noisy gaming or music.
Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park Contact Number
- Katraj Zoo Contact Number- 020-24367712
- Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park/ Katraj Zoo Helpline Number – 1800-1030-222
- Katraj Zoo Official Email Id – [email protected]
Q.1 What is the focus of the Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park?
Ans. Visitors to the park get the opportunity to see a variety of rare, exotic, and bird species living in their natural environments. A snake park and a wildlife orphanage are also located within the park.
Q.2 Does the Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park allow food?
Ans. No food is allowed within the park. It is recommended that visitors finish their meals outside the zoo or before entering.
Q.3 Which animal in Rajiv Gandhi National Park is well-known?
Ans. Reserve for tigers, Along with the nearby Bandipur Tiger Reserve, it is one of the top tiger reserves and a part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. It is also known as Nagarhole National Park.