PMRF Online Form | Prime Minister Research Fellowship Apply Online @dec2020.pmrf.in | PM Research Fellowship Eligibility & Helpline Number
Prime Minister Research Fellowship (PMRF) has been launched by Central Govt to improve the quality of research in various higher educational institutions in the country. This is one of the most attractive fellowships which seeks to attract the best talent into research thereby realizing the vision of development through innovation. Let us know that the scheme was announced in the Union Budget 2018-19. Institutes that can offer PMRF include all the IITs, all the IISERs, the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, and some of the top Central Universities/ NITs that offer science and/or technology degrees.
PMRF Application Form 2023 PDF
Candidates will be selected through a rigorous selection process and their performance will be reviewed suitably through a national convention. This article will focus on PMRF Online Application Form 2023, eligibility criteria, registration procedure, detailed candidate selection procedure for the fellowship by the institution/university where fellowship is offered and is the deemed authority to decide the candidate.
What is all about of Prime Minister Research Fellowship (PMRF)?
PM Research Fellowship a program of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India can be applied online through National Scholarship Portal. PMRF plans to draw the best minds of India for Doctoral Studies (Ph.D.) in the best Institutes of India namely IITs, IISERs, IISc, BHU, AMU, JNU, etc. Interested candidates can apply online for Prime Minister Research Fellowship through the official website. The declared objective of the PMRF Scheme is to provide the best scientific minds of the country best of platforms/ institutes to achieve the national goal of research in bleeding-edge innovations and scientific advancements. This is in line with the Government of India’s initiative to make in India.
Fellowship Benefits under PMRF Scheme
PMRF has made provision for monetary benefits for selected candidates under the Ph.D. course:
|Academic Year||Monthly Amount|
|First Year||Rs 70,000|
|Second Year||Rs 70,000|
|Third Year||Rs 75,000|
|Fourth Year||Rs 80,000|
|Fifth Year||Rs 80,000|
Overview of PMRF Fellowship 2023
|Name of Scheme||Prime Minister Research Fellowship (PMRS)|
|Launched by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Objective||Giving money help or fellowships|
|Beneficiaries||Indian students who are studying in higher education|
|Application Process||Online mode|
|Post Category||Central Govt Scheme|
Selection Procedure for Prime Minister Research Fellowship
As discussed previously, a provision of scholarships of up to Rs 80,000 per month is provided under PM Research Fellowship Scheme to ease the financial obligation of students to allow them to concentrate on research. On the basis of the number of online applications received, the procedure for which will be discussed in detail later in this article. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India will organize a fellowship test. The Fellowship test comprises written examination and interview. Based on the requirement provision for group discussion is also there. Submission of research abstract which should include research problem and approach to solving is part of the application process.
Important Dates (Schedule)
|Starting date of Application||Notified soon|
|Last date of Applying||Updated soon|
|Admit Card Release||Updated soon|
|Date of Interviews at Nodal Institutes||Notified soon|
|Announcement of Result||Notified soon|
Revised Eligibility Criteria of PMRF
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has worked out two channels to enter fellowship namely direct entry and lateral entry in order to encourage more and more students to undertake Ph.D. courses. Eligibility criteria for both channels of entries are listed below:
For Direct Entry Channel
- In the initial years, it was mandated that applicants must possess one of the below-mentioned qualifications to apply:
- Finished or in the process of finishing last year of Bachelors or Masters qualification in Science and Technology streams from any of the Institute/University recognized in India with CGPA of 8.0 or above and GATE score of 650 or above in the important subject or
- Qualified GATE and finished or be pursuing M.Tech./MS by investigating at one of the PMRF Grant Institutes having a base CGPA of 8.0 or above by finishing the primary semester with at least four courses.
- They must have applied and got chosen for the Ph.D. program in one of the PMRF giving organizations.
- The institution in which the student has got admission in the Ph.D. course is responsible for giving fellow students the Prime Minister research fellowship under their own selection criteria.
For Lateral Entry Channel
- The applicant must be pursuing a Ph.D. in one of the PMRF giving foundations. Further, he/she ought to have finished all things considered a year in the Ph.D. program on the off chance that he/she got the program together with a Master’s qualification; and ought to have finished all things considered two years in the Ph.D. program in the event that he/she joined the Ph.D. program with a Bachelor’s certificate. He/ she ought to have finished at any rate four courses in the Ph.D. program with a CGPA/CPI of 8.5 or above.
- The PMRF Granting Institute, in which the understudy is selected, makes a solid suggestion for the competitor and transfers the applicable data on the PMRF web-based interface, taking into account his/her legitimacy plainly showed during the initial 12 months or two years (as significant) of the program.
- The measurements on which the applicants will be judged incorporate a solid research proposition, distribution record, and grades.
Amendments in Prime Minister Research Fellowship
- As per new amendments in the Prime Minister research fellowship the students from any university can apply. Previously only students from certain selected institutes were allowed to apply.
- Required GATE score has bought down from 750 to now reduced 600.
- As discussed previously now there will be two channels of entry i.e. direct entry and lateral entry
- Under lateral entry, the students who are pursuing Ph.D. from PMRF grant institutions and have completed at least 12 months or 24 months according to the requirement can also apply to become fellow under the Prime Minister research fellowship scheme
- All those National Institute of Technologies ranked in the top 25 institutions in the National Institute ranking framework can also become Prime Minister research fellowship granting institutions
List of Required Documents for Application Process
Here check the list of required documents for Prime Minister Research Fellowship Apply:
- Recent Passport-size Photograph
- Copy of Marksheet/ Transcript/ Grade Sheet till the last completed Semester in PDF format
- The PDF of Abstract (1000 words)
- PDF of Relevant Resume (CV)
- SBI Collect E-Receipt in PDF format
An online application fee of Rs 1,000 is required to be paid for applying in PMRF through the State Bank of India (SBI) online portal. Following procedure to be followed in order to pay application fees:
- Open the official website of SBI bank.
- Next, the applicant is required to visit the SBI Collect page to pay fees.
- Before paying fees applicants are required to acknowledge the “Terms and Conditions”
- Select the Payment Category as PMRF Application Fee 2023.
- Opt for the necessary application fees.
- After payment is effected, applicants are required to download the e-receipts in a PDF document alongside the SBI Collect Reference Number.
Institutions under PMRF Programme
Here is a list of institutes where a candidate is required to take admission to attend a Ph.D. course and to avail benefits of the Prime Minister Research Fellowship offered by the institutes:
- IISc, Bengaluru
- All IISERs
- All IITs
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
- The University of Hyderabad (UH)
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)
- Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI)
- University of Delhi (UD)
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
How to apply for Prime Minister Research Fellowship (PMRF)?
One has to follow the below given simple step by step guidelines in order to apply for Prime Minister Research Fellowship (PMRF) scheme:
- First of all, visit the official website of PMRF at https://dec2020.pmrf.in/.
- On the web homepage, click on the Apply Online button provided at the top of the page.
- A new page will appear on the screen.
- Here you have to click on the link called “Please Click Here To Apply Online”
- Then the online application form will come up on your screen.
- Now fill in all the necessary details carefully.
- Upload required documents as mentioned in the application form.
- Next, please upload the PDF format of the Fee Receipt downloaded previously while submitting the fee at the SBI official website.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button. Once submitted please ensure to keep a copy, printout, or PDF of the form for your records and future reference.
List of Institutes receiving Grants under PMRF
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Banaras Hindu University
- IISc Bangalore
- IISER Berhampur
- IISER Bhopal
- IISER Kolkata
- IISER Mohali
- IISER Pune
- IISER Thiruvananthapuram
- IISER Tirupati
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT BHU
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Dharwad
- IIT(ISM) Dhanbad
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Goa
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Patna
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Jammu
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Tirupati
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- University of Delhi
- University of Hyderabad
Broad Discipline Covered in Fellowship Program
- Aerospace engineering
- Agriculture and food engineering
- Textile engineering
- Ocean engineering and naval architecture
- Mining, mineral, Kol and energy sector
- Mechanical engineering
- Material science and metallurgical engineering
- The interdisciplinary program in science and engineering
- Engineering design
- Electrical engineering
- Computer science
- Civil engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Biomedical engineering
- Biological sciences
Terms And Conditions of PMRF
- Candidates enrolled in the Prime Minister Research Fellowship are required to accomplish the objective which will be set for them forgiven on a yearly basis.
- The objectives will be determined by the guide and the department in which the research student got himself/ herself enrolled.
- A provision of the mandatory annual review of the research fellow and his/her satisfactory performance appraisal is set as a required benchmark to continue to receive fellowship incentives.
- To continue the fellowship all fellows have to teach once a week in a nearby polytechnic/ ITI/ Engineering College.
- If the fellow fails to achieve the objectives set by the institute then the fellowship benefit will be discontinued or brought down to the institutional level
Contact Information (Helpline)
This article is aimed to provide all relevant information about the Prime Minister Research Fellowship (PMRF) to our readers. However, we acknowledge that our readers will have more personalized queries or problems on this subject. For that request, you can get in touch with competent authorities via email. The Email ID one should send the email is:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Office Address: Hauz Khas, New Delhi (110-016) INDIA
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org