West Bengal Oasis Scholarship 2022 | OASIS Scholarship Online Registration | oasis.gov.in Track Status Online | WB OASIS Scholarship Scheme List & Last Date of Registration
There is good news for the students who belong to backward classes in WB state. Backward Classes Welfare Dept, Govt of West Bengal is going to invite the Post-matric Application for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC). The registration for Fresh and Renewal of Post Matric Scholarship (Class 11, 12, and College) for the academic session 2022-2023. The desirous and eligible candidates of the SC/ ST/ OBC category can apply online by visiting the official website of Backward Classes Welfare Department, Govt of WB, i.e Oasis.gov.in.
In today’s article, we will share all important details of the West Bengal Oasis Scholarship, such as eligibility criteria, documents required, online registration, and selection process. Students can also check the OASIS Scholarship Status Online in West Bengal. Please continue ahead.
WB OASIS Scholarship for SC/ ST/ OBC Students
Let us tell you that Oasis Scholarship is an initiative that is launched by the concerned authorities of the Govt of West Bengal state and the scholarship is currently under the operations of the backward classes welfare department and tribal development dept. There are a lot of scholarship opportunities presented by the concerned authorities of the WB government through the Online Application For Scholarship In Studies or also known as the ‘OASIS’ organization.
Students of the West Bengal state can apply for the different types of scholarship present at the organization especially for the people who belong to the scheduled caste and scheduled tribe category but are currently situated in the West Bengal region. Scholarships are also available for the students of OBC caste and category.
Overview of Oasis Scholarship Scheme 2022
|Name of Scheme||OASIS Scholarship Status|
|Launched By||West Bengal Govt|
|Objective||Providing scholarship opportunities|
|Beneficiaries||SC/ST/ OBC students|
|Application Process||Online Mode|
|Concerned Dept||Backward Classes Welfare & Tribal Development Department|
|Post Category||State Govt Scholarship Scheme|
Important Dates of OASIS Scholarship (Schedules)
The applications for Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarships for SC/ST and OBC students for the academic year 2022-22 are open. The last date to apply online through the OASIS scholarship portal is 26 February 2022.
|Scholarship Name||Application Dates||Last Date to Apply|
|Pre-matric scholarship for SC students||May to November||26th February 2022|
|Pre-matric scholarship for ST students||May to November||26th February 2022|
|Post-matric scholarship for SC/ ST students||May to November||26th February 2022|
|Post-matric scholarship for OBC students||May to November||26th February 2022|
Note – The application period mentioned above is tentative, which may change at the discretion of the scholarship provider.
OASIS Scholarship 2022-22 (New Updates)
The Backward Classes Welfare Dept and Tribal Development Department, Govt of West Bengal has now announced the OASIS Scholarship Application Dates. Here check the latest updates of scholarship:
- The last date of the Received Online Application in oasis.gov.in is 26/02/2022.
- In case of Account Update Module failure 2019-20, kindly click here.
- Verification is started for the 2020-2022 session from the Block/ Municipality Level.
- Online Application for SC/ ST/ OBC Post-matric (Renewal Application) is opened for the 2020-2022 session. Apart from that, the Pos-matric Online Application for SC/ST/OBC students is opened for the 2020-21 session. Same Pre-matric Scholarships are available to apply.
- For more details of the Student’s Registration and Login, Scholarship Renewal Process, kindly visit the official website @https://oasis.gov.in/.
West Bengal Oasis Scholarship Amount List
The following rewards (amount) will be given to the candidates while applying for the scholarship:
|Scholarship Name||The reward for Day Scholars||Reward for Hostellers|
|Pre-matric scholarship for SC students||INR 150 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 750 per annum||INR 750 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 1,000 per annum.|
|Pre-matric scholarship for ST students||INR 150 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 750 per annum||INR 750 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 1,000 per annum.|
|Post-matric scholarship for SC/ST students||Maintenance allowance of up to INR 550 per month||Maintenance allowance of up to INR 1200 per month|
|Post-matric scholarship for OBC students||Maintenance allowance of up to INR 350 per month||Maintenance allowance of up to INR 750 per month|
|For medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ MPhil/ PhD/ LLM students||INR 550 per month||INR 1,200 per month|
|For B.Pharm/ LLB/ B.Nursing/ PG/ Hotel Management courses etc.||INR 530 per month||INR 820 per month|
|For general courses up to graduate level||INR 300 per month||INR 750 per month|
|For students of class 11th and 12th in 10+2 system intermediate courses/ Polytechnic/ ITI courses||INR 230 per month||INR 750 per month|
|For medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ MPhil/ PhD/ LLM students||INR 350 per month||INR 750 per month|
|For B.Pharm/ LLB/ B.Nursing/ PG/ Hotel Management courses etc.||INR 335 per month||INR 510 per month|
|For general courses up to graduate level||INR 210 per month||INR 400 per month|
|For students of class 11th and 12th in 10+2 system intermediate courses/ Polytechnic/ ITI courses||INR 160 per month||INR 260 per month|
Eligibility Conditions for OASIS Scholarship
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria, in order to apply for the scholarship scheme or for oasis new registration process:
|S/N||Oasis Scholarship Scheme||Eligibility of Education Level||Annual Family Income (INR)|
|1||Oasis Pre-matric scholarship for SC students||Class 9 and Class 10 SC Students||Less than Rs 2 Lakh per annum|
|2||Oasis Pre-matric scholarship for ST students||Class 9 and Class 10 ST Students||Less than Rs 2 Lakh per annum|
|3||Oasis Post-matric scholarship for SC/ST students||Post Matriculation level students belonging to the SC & ST Category||Less than Rs 2.5 Lakh per annum|
|4||Oasis Post-matric scholarship for OBC students||Post Matriculation level students belonging to the OBC Category||Less than Rs 1 Lakh per annum|
List of Documents Required
The following documents are required while applying for the OASIS scholarship:
- Passport-size photograph
- Birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate
- Mark sheet/ certificate of last qualifying examination
- Aadhaar card copy (or any other Govt-issued ID and address proof)
- Copy of bank passbook
- Fee receipt (Mandatory)
How to Apply Online for OASIS Scholarship in West Bengal?
To apply for the Oasis Scholarship opportunity, you will have to follow the given below simple steps:
- Firstly, visit the official website of the scholarship scheme.
- Now click on the Students Registration option available on the homepage.
- After this, you will have to choose the District in which your institution is situated.
- On the next page, you will have to enter the asked details i.e Name of the Student, Father’s Name, Gender, Select Types, Computerised Caste Certificate No, etc.
- Verify your Caste Certificate and then click on Submit button.
- Afterward, your registration information will be displayed on the next screen.
- Now you have to login by providing your credentials to the portal.
- After login, click on the ‘Apply Now’ option. The application form will be displayed on your screen.
- Now fill it up carefully and then click on Save and Proceed tab.
- You can also print your application form by clicking on the Download Application Form option.
Finally, submit it along with all the supporting documents to the concerned Block Development Officer (BDO) for block area or PO cum DWO for municipality corporation.
Procedure for OASIS Scholarship Track Status Online
- Go to the West Bengal OASIS official website at oasis.gov.in or directly click the below link.
- The students first select the District where their institution is located or directly click here http://oasis.gov.in/apps/portal/students/track_status.bcw
- Then the student should enter Application Serial No/User ID in the appropriate box.
- Afterward, select the Applied District and Session.
- And at last, the student has to enter the Captcha code in the below box.
- Finally, click on the ‘Check Status’ box to get the status of your application.
Check Oasis Scholarship Statistics
Online Application for Scholarship to SC, ST, and OBC Students in West Bengal has been started. Here check the latest Statistics of scholarship in Academic Year 2022-22:
OASIS Scholarship Helpline Numbers
If you are in trouble while filling the application form or checking the OASIS Scholarship Status (oasis wb) for your registration regarding the Pre & Post Matric Scholarship in West Bengal then you can use the following student helpline numbers.
- (+91) 84-20023311
- (+91) 84-20023322