Namo e-Tablet Yojana Online Registration | PM Namo Tablet Yojana Buy Online | E-Tablet Yojana 2022 – Gujarat Specifications/ Price List
With the advancement of technology and the use of technology in every aspect of human life, the government has decided that it is high time to introduce technology in the education system in India. The introduction of smart classes is one such project. In another such ambitious plan is to introduce digital education. To give wings to digital education Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched “Namo Tablet Yojana” under which “E-Tablets” will be provided to students at a discounted price. In today’s article, we will discuss the aim and objective of the scheme, eligibility criteria for applying, the application process, and also educate you about the speciation of the instrument provided under the scheme.
Namo Tablet Yojana (e-Tablet Scheme 2022 in Gujarat)
The scheme in the State of Gujarat was launched by Chief Minister Shri Vijay Rupani to provide subsidized tablets to students of economically weaker sections (EWS) of the society. Implementation of the scheme will allow the government to provide subsidized tablets to those bright students who can’t afford to buy such tablets in want of economic means. The subsidized price of the tablet is kept only Rs 1000 (One thousand rupees only) which the government feels that the family is willing to spend on quality and modern innovative education of their wards.
Overview of Namo E-Tablet Scheme 2022
|Name of Scheme||Namo E- Tablet Yojana|
|Launched by||Gujarat CM Shri Vijay Rupani|
|Objective||Providing subsidized tablets for better education|
|Target Beneficiaries||Students of economically weaker section of society|
|Concerned Dept||Education Department, Govt of Gujarat|
|Post-Category||State Govt Scheme|
Dates to Remember- NAMO Tablet Yojana
The official launch date of the NAMO E tablet scheme in Gujarat was 14th July 2017. Chief Minister Shri Vijay Rupani has launched the scheme and distributed the first few selected students.
Distribution schedules under the scheme are listed below. Based on students selected to receive E tablets under scheme and availability of tablets in various parts of the state those were distributed in three different rounds on different dates.
- Students received tablets under the first round of distribution on 14th July 2017 by 4 pm.
- Under the second round of distribution on 17th July by 4 pm.
- The last group of selected students received their tablets on 20th July 2017 by 4 pm under the third and final round of distribution.
Specifications of E-Tablets under Namo Tablet Yojana
Detailed technical specifications of E tablets distributed under the NAMO Scheme is explained below:
|Camera||2MP (rear), 0.3MP (front)|
|Battery||3450 mAh Li-Ion|
|Operating System||Android v5.1 Lollipop|
|Price||Rs 8,000 to 9,000|
|Warranty||1 Year for the handset, 6 months for in-box accessories|
Students Eligible for Benefit
As discussed previously the scheme was launched to provide subsidized tablets to bright studious students who can’t afford to buy such advanced gadgets for study.
Students must fulfill the below-listed minimum requirement to be eligible to avail of scheme benefits:
- The total annual household income of the student should not be more than Rs 1 lakh.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of the Gujarat state.
- Students belong from the EWS section of society i.e below the poverty line category.
- The students must have completed 12th in the financial year of application and took admission in the first year of college in any education stream in any College.
List of Documents Required
In line with the ambitious plan to reach the maximum number of students in need of such gadgets for their studies, the government has kept the list of documents required to apply to a minimum and simple. Those documents required to apply for college admission can be used to apply. Those are:
- Aadhaar Card
- Domicile certificate
- Address Proof
- 12th passing certificate
- Certificate to confirm the Admission in the under-graduation course or Polytechnic course
- BPL Ration card/ certificate
- Caste certificate (If any)
How to register under Namo Tablet Yojana 2022?
Eligible and willing students can use below mentioned simple step-by-step instructions to register themselves under the Branded e-Tablets scheme.
- Students have to approach concerned authorities of the college/ institution where they took admission to enroll themselves in the Namo tablet scheme.
- The College/ institution will then initiate the process to provide the details of the eligible candidates on the official website of the scheme.
- By login into the official website of the Namo Tablet Yojana using institute specific login ID, the institute will have to add a new student.
- Students are required to provide details like name, category, course, etc to add themselves.
- Additional information like a passing board, roll number, etc
- On behalf of the student, the college/institute should deposit Rs 1,000 for the tablet.
- A receipt will be generated against this payment.
- The receipt number and date are required to be entered on the website.
- On completion of the process, a tablet will be provided to you under the scheme by the college/institute.
Contact Details (Helpline Number)
Here we have tried to cover all the aspects of Namo Tablet Yojana. If you have any query related to this post then comment down below or contact the below helpline number.
- Helpdesk No: (079) 2656-6000 (11:00 AM to 5:00 PM on working days)