Namita Thapar is known as one of India’s leading businesswomen and is the CEO of the well-known company Emcure Pharmaceutical. A pharmaceutical company is based in Pune, Maharashtra. She is the one of titular sharks on the popular TV show Shark Tank, and her popularity took another hype when the show came out. In this writing, we will cover all the details about Namita Thapar’s Net Worth in 2023 including her short bio i.e. Salary Month, Company Name, Age, Husband, Education, and other details. Keep on reading this post ahead.
Namita Thapar Biography – Overview
Let us tell you that Namita Thapar is also known by her nickname Velvet Hammer. She is a well-known entrepreneur and is famous for being the Executive Director of Emcure Pharmaceutical. Further, check Namita Thapar’s Net Worth in INR, Salary Per Month, Companies she owns, etc.
|Full Name||Namita Thapar|
|Age (as of 2023)||46 years|
|Hometown/Birthplace||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|TV Debate||Shark Tank (as a jury member)|
|Famous for||Being the Executive Director of Emcure Pharmaceuticals|
|Net Worth||$75 million (Approx. Rs 600 Crores)|
|Category||Net Worth (Bio)|
Namita Thapar Education, Career
Namita Thapar was born on 21 March 1977 in Pune, Maharashtra, India. She is 46 years old as of 2023. Her zodiac sign is Aries and her nationality is Indian. Her height is approx 165 cm(5.5ft) and she has black eye color and dark brown hair. She debuted in the TV show Shark Tank as a jury member (2021).
Her achievements are:
- The Economic Times Women Ahead List 2017
- The Economic Times’40 under 40′ India’s Hottest Young Business Leaders List 2017
- Barclays Hurun Next Gen Leader Recognition
- World Women Leadership Congress Super Achiever Award
She completed her College/University from
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- The Institute of Charted Accounts of India (ICAI)
- Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
Education and qualifications:
- B.com from Savitribai Phule, Pune University
- Charted Accounts from ICAI
- MBA from Fuqua School of Business at Duke University
Namita Thapar Relationship, Husband Name & More
She is a married woman to Vikas Thapar. Her husband is also a well-known businessman in India. In her family;
|Father||Satish Mehta (Founder of Emcure Pharmaceutical company)|
|Children||Jai and Vir (sons)|
|Siblings||(Brother) Samit Mehta (president of R&D and Emcure Pharmaceutical)|
Note:- Reportedly, Namita named her son after the lead character of their favorite film Sholay. Her favorite food is Undhiyu and she loves to drink her beverage Tea. And her favourite film is Sholay and Amitabh Bachchan Actor.
Some lesser-known facts about Namita Thapar
- Namita Thapar is known as the Director of Emcure Pharmaceutical.
- She grew up in an Asian family in Pune, Maharashtra
- She completed her schooling in Pune.
- In her school day her focus was on her studies and her extracurricular activities in addition she was also a class topper.
- Soon, after that she completed her B.com and MBA, and she gets offered the position of business financial lead in the financial planning department of Guidant Corporation, a medical device company in the USA. She worked in the company for 6 years and then resigned.
- She joined her father’s company as CFO.
- Then, she was appointed as the Director of his father’s company.
- Namita founded Incredible Ventures Ltd.., (an education company) in 2017. The company’s objective is to teach and promote youth entrepreneurship by teaching skills to 11 to 18 years of age group. The company branches in Delhi, Mumbai, Banglore, Chennai, and Ahmedabad.
Other Achievements of Namita Thapar
- She is also a member of the Young President Organisation.
- In 2017, she appeared as one of the judges in Shark Tank India. The Indian TV show adaptation of the popular American business reality show Shark Tank.
- Namita spares her to travel and read as she loves it.
- She is a huge fan of Bollywood films. Namita also shared in her interview that she always used to watch the first-day show of all the Bollywood movies before her marriage.
- The popular Indian banker (Naina Lal Kidwai) and Indian American business tycoon (Indra Nooyi) are her role model
- During an interview, she shared her three ways to relax massage, movies, and meditation.
- She has been associated with PM Modi’s initiatives like NITI Aayog’s women entrepreneurship platform and Champions.
- Namita is a public speaker and she has conducted speaking sessions at very well-known platforms like Harvard Business School, IIM Ahmedabad, Et Women’s Conference, and FICCI.
- In 2020, she created her YouTube channel where she talks about women’s health with various doctors and healthcare experts.
- On Kapil Sharma’s show in February 2022, she talked about her love for Bollywood famous actor Amitabh Bachchan. She liked him so much that she never liked anyone after him.
- Namit became a lot of women’s role models and also inspired the teenager with her achievements.
Namita Thapar’s Net Worth
As you know, Namita Thapar is an Indian businesswoman entrepreneur, and TV personality. Namita’s net worth is $75 million (Rs 600 crore).
|Net Worth||$75 million|
|Net Worth In Rupees||Rs 600 crore|