Himanta Biswa Sarma is an influential politician and a lawyer. He is a member of the Bhartiya Janta Party and currently serving as the chief minister of Assam. In 2001, he was a member of Congress but he left Congress in 2015 and joined BJP. He has been the Chief Minister of Assam since 2021. Through this post, we will share each detail of Himanta Biswa Sarma’s Bio such as his age, wife, son, daughter, early life, political career, net worth, etc. Kindly go through the complete article below.
Himanta Biswa Sarma Biography
CM Himanta Biswa Sarma was born in an Assamese family in Jorhat Assam on 1 February 1969. Including him, six siblings in their family. After some years, his family shifted to Guwahati where he completed his early education. He studied at the Kamrup Academy School and completed his senior secondary education. After this, we went to college (Cotton College, Guwahati) for higher studies. He completed his undergraduate degree at Cotton University. In the starting days of college, he is interested in politics and he want to be a leader. Sarma served from 1991 to 1992 as a General Secretary of Cotton College Students Union.
After Himanta Biswa married his love Riniki Bhuan Sarma in 2001. After a year, he got his son named Nandil Biswa Sarma. His son has completed his early education at the Doon School. He has a daughter and her good name is Sukanya Sarma. She completed her early education at Mayo College Girls School.
Early Education of Himanta Biswa Sarma
As we know Himanta Biswa Sarma was interested in politics. He studied political science and got a Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts in political science. He has also studied Law and got a Bachelor of Laws from the Government Law College. After this degree, he became a solicitor in 1995. He practiced law from 1996 to 2001 at the Gauhati High Court.
Himanta Biswa Sarma Personal Life – Overview
||Himanta Biswa Sarma
||Chief Minister Of Assam
||54 years old
||1 February 1969 Jorhat, Assam, India
||Riniki Bhuyan Sarma
||Lawyer and politician
||Bharatiya Janata Party (2015–present)
|Other political Affiliation
||Indian National Congress (1991–2015)
- Cotton College (BA, MA)
- BRM Government Law College (LLB)
- Gauhati University (PhD)
- B.A In Political Science
- M.A In Political Science
||Jorhat, Assam, India
||Kamrup Academy School
||Riniki Bhuan Sarma
||Nandil Biswa Sarma
||Kailash Nath Sarma
||Riniki Bhuan Sarma
|Height (in Centimeter)
||15 Lakh Per Annum
Himanta Biswa Sarma Political Career
- 2000 => Himanta Biswa started his political journey with Congress and joined in 2000.
- 2001 => He contested for the Assam Legislative Assembly for the first time from the Jalukbari constituency. He was elected as a member of the Assam Legislative Assembly.
- 2006 => Again he contested for the same position and was re-elected as a member of the Assam Legislative Assembly.
- 2011 => Himanta Biswa Sarma was again re-elected for the same position. He has done great things for the Jalukbari constituency. He also became the cabinet minister of education.
- 2014 => He served as a Minister of Agriculture, Planning, and Development from 2002 to 2014.
- 2014 => Biswa resigned from all positions and left his party Indian National Congress.
- 2015 => After resigning from the MLA position in the Assam Legislative Assembly, he joined Bhartiya Janta Party.
- 2016 => He contested from the BJP side and won the election. He was elected fourth time to an Assam Legislative Assembly for the Jalukbari constituency. He handed over all the portfolios after becoming the cabinet minister in the same year.
- 2021 => He becomes the 15th Chief Minister of Assam.