It is mandatory for every property owner to file their property tax on the official website of the Chennai Corporation of Property Tax. This is the legal government authority to file taxes. Many people face problems while filing property tax but in this article, we are going to show you in a very simple way. related information is here if you have a property in Chennai and you don’t know the information about paying a property tax, then follow this article carefully. In this article, we will tell you in detail about Chennai Corporation Property Tax Online Pay, etc. in very simple steps.
Chennai Corporation Property Tax
There is an online website of Chennai Corporation of Property for filing online tax. You can save your time if you are able to use this website. There are many services have been provided by the official website to help you in this process. You do not need to worry as In this section, I will share some important information about Chennai corporation property tax with you, In Chennai, the civic body is responsible for collecting the tax and in India, greater Chennai is the oldest municipality established in 1688.
If you are going to pay property tax in Chennai then you need to know that in Chennai taxpayers pay tax twice a year as the greater Chennai corporation calculates full-year tax and then divides it into two parts for each half-yearly-cycle. The corporation calculates tax rates on the basis of ARV. there is also a discount on tax but it depends on the ownership of the area To pay this tax you can use online methods by following the basic steps on the official website. Stay with the article to get all the detailed information about Chennai Corporation Property Tax.
chennaicorporation.gov.in online payment – Overview
|Article||Chennai Corporation Property Tax Online Payment, Receipt, Status|
|Department Name||Chennai Corporation|
|Payment mode||Online & Offline|
|Kind of Tax||Property tax|
|Check Status||Click Here|
Chennai Municipal Corporation Property Tax Rates
|Type of Property||Rates (per square feet)|
|Residential||Rs.0.60 – Rs.2.40|
|Non-Residential||Rs.4 – Rs.12|
Steps to Chennai Property Tax Payment Online
The procedure of paying Chennai corporation tax is very simple and easy. Here I will help you
understand the steps to pay your tax, Below are those steps go and read:-
- Firstly, go to the official website.
- You will see the property tax payment option.
- Click, on it then the property tax online payment option will open.
- Here, enter your property tax bill details ( zone no, ward no, bill no, and sub no).
- After entering all details you then click on the Pay tax option.
- The amount of tax will be shown in front of your screen Pay as you prefer( UPI, net
banking, debit card, credit card, etc.)
- After payment, your receipt will automatically be generated.
- Kindly take a printout or save it as proof This will help you in the future that you have paid your tax.
Procedure to Check the Corporation of Chennai Corporation Property Tax Status Online
After paying Chennai corporation property tax if you want to check your online status then follow
some basic steps which I will share with you in the below point:-
- You just need to visit the official website of the Chennai Corporation property tax.
- Now you will land on the homepage.
- There will be an option for online tax payment for Chennai corporation property
- Besides this you can see an option for property tax status click on it.
- After that, you need to enter details (zone no, division no, bill no, and sub no) When you
fill in all the details just click on the submit button.
- Then the status of your property tax will be shown before you on your screen You
can self-check your details.
The Best Way to Download the Chennai Property Tax Receipt Online
As you know for any payment proof we should have a receipt so that we can show it wherever it is required. That is why it is very important, in order to download the Chennai property tax receipt online. You just need to follow the steps which I have described in the below points:-
- In the first step, you need to visit the official site
- Then you will see the homepage.
- Kindly click on the option of online tax payment.
- After Clicking on the option Online payment status.
- Now enter all the necessary details like zone no, division code, bill no, and sub no. tap on
the submit button.
- Click on the confirm detail option and then click on the view tax and receipt details
- Now you can download your receipt easily from my lead.