TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship: Status And Application Process: Telangana Government through its many scholarship programs aims to empower the marginal sections of the State to ensure social inclusion in a true sense. For the SC and ST candidates of Telangana, it has announced a scholarship scheme to avail higher studies abroad, which is named after Dr. BR Ambedkar – TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship. The eligible candidates of the state who wish to pursue higher education abroad, but due to financial difficulties are not able to do, can avail of the assistance provided by the Government under it. The most meritorious 500 candidates will be given this scholarship, on the basis of their merit and financial need.
Students wanting to avail this opportunity of the State can go through the article below where all the necessary details are provided About TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship: Status And Application Process.
TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship
TS Ambedkar Overseas Scholarship is a financial assistance scheme announced by Telangana Government’s Tribal Welfare Department and SC Development for its students belonging to SC, ST categories willing to pursue Higher Education Abroad. The scheme aims to empower the economically disadvantaged and deserving students of SC and ST categories and assist them in exploring global learning experiences.
The most reputed Universities in selected 10 countries around the world have been chosen for the students for pursuing varied courses, including engineering, medicine, agriculture, humanities, social sciences, and pure sciences. The students can explore their career prospects and grow in their chosen course discipline.
The Government of Telangana has taken into account the various expenses that would come up during the course, hence it covers tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses, and other costs. This will help enable students from all sections to come up, to become leaders and change-makers, and compete on a global stage. The scholarship will be disbursed in two installments – one at the beginning of the course and the second at the end of the course.
Students who fit in the eligibility can apply for it in the required time frame. If you want to know all the information related to TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship, The Status, And the Application Process then So, stay tuned and read the whole article carefully.
TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship 2024 – Overview
|Article||TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship: Status And Application Process|
|Scholarship Name||Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi|
|Provided by||Telangana Government|
|Ministry||Tribal Welfare Ministry|
|In the form of||Financial aid|
|Grants||Up to 20 lakh aid or as per admission letter whichever is less, one-way air ticket, visa charges|
|Provided to||SC and ST students for higher studies, i.e. Post Graduation, Ph.D., etc, on a yearly basis.|
|Courses provided||Medicine/ Engineering/ Pharmacy/ Nursing/ Humanities|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Number of scholarships||500 (on the basis of academic merit )|
|Number of installments in which it will be disbursed||Two
|Link for application||Click Here|
Eligibility for TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship
- Income Criteria: Annual income of the applicant’s family (Student and Parent ) should not exceed 5 lahks per annum.
- Residential criteria: Applicant must be a permanent resident of Telangana
- Number of applicants from a family eligible for scholarship: Only one.
- Age criteria: 35 years as on 1st July 2024.
- Who can apply: Candidates who have secured 60% of marks in Engineering Management, Pure Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Medical & Nursing, Social Sciences, and Humanities in their graduation.
- Should have an eligible score in GMAT/GRE, valid TOEFL / IELTS, and English proficiency test as per GO. ( Minimum scores – TOEFL – 60, IELTS – 6, GRE – 260, GMAT – 500)
- Eligible countries: USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Japan, Germany, Singapore, South Korea, New Zealand, and France.
Documents required for TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship
- 10th /12th / Graduation mark sheet,
- GRE/ GMAT Scorecard,
- TOFEL / IELTS scorecard,
- Adhaar Card,
- Passport size photo,
- Passport copy,
- Residence Certificate,
- Caste and Income certificate MEE SEVA,
- Date of Birth certificate,
- copy of bank passbook.
Other Important Details for Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship
- 10% of scholarships are reserved for Humanities, Economics, Accounts, Arts, and Law students.
- Weightage on the basis of which merit will be generated and scholarships be given –
- Degree marks – 60 percent
- GRE/GMAT – 20 percent
- IELTS/TOEFL – 20 percent
- Minimum 60 % marks in Graduation are compulsory for pursuing Post Graduation and similarly first division marks in Post graduation for pursuing Ph.D. abroad.
- A salary certificate from the employer is a must if the candidate applying for this scholarship is working.
- Candidates selected have to join the University within 1 year of selection, failing which their candidature will be canceled, with no option of extension.
- Once a course is chosen, it cannot be changed.
- Responsibility for obtaining a visa, once they’re selected under the scheme, is of the student.
Procedure to TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship Apply Online
- Go through the official site at https://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/
- Click on the overseas scholarship option.
- Now fill in the details required.
- Upload the scanned documents in the size given.
- Then click on the submit option.
- Your application number will be generated.
Procedure to TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship Check Status
- Again go through the official link https://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/OverseasLinks.do
- On the right side, below the print option, click on the STATUS link.
- You’ll be directed here-
- Enter the application number.
- Click on get status. You will be shown the status of your application.
- PM Scholarship 2024 Application Form, Status, Last Date
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme 2024 for Girl Students Apply Online
- Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2024 Application Form
- SBIF Asha Scholarship 2024: How to Appy, Eligibility, Rewards
- Jnanabhumi Pre & Post Matric Scholarship 2024 & JVD Status
FAQs About TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship
- Can students from other states apply for this scholarship scheme?
Ans. No. Only students of Telangana are applicable for this scholarship.
- Will the scholarship be given all at once?
Ans. No, it will be given in two installments. One at the beginning of the course, the next at the end of the course.
- On what basis will the scholarship give?
Ans. It will be awarded on the basis of merit which will be calculated on the basis of your degree marks, GRE/GMAT, IELTS/ TOEFL score
- How many people from one family can avail of scholarship benefits?
Ans. Only one child of a family can avail of this scholarship
- What are the age limit criteria for this scholarship scheme?
Ans. A candidate’s age should not exceed 35 years as of 1st July of the year of application.
- How many scholarships are awarded under this scholarship scheme?
Ans. 500 scholarships are sanctioned every year to eligible candidates every year on the basis of merit.